Apply for a Medical Billing Manager
We are looking for a talented medical billing expert for our medical billing manager position here at M-Scribe. Please look at the job description and requirements below, and if you think you're a good fit, please fill out the form to the right. Thank you!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The medical Billing Manager will be responsible for overseeing all medical billing functions, training a productive and effective billing staff, and ensuring billing is accurate and goes out every month on time.
Responsible for managing and supporting all aspects of the Billing Operations, including management and oversight of a team of billers, coders, and support staff. Ensuring efficient workflow and high productivity while managing all routine activities.
Implements and maintains best practice/ integration initiatives to improve the performance of the front-end and back-end billing operations.
Develops statistical reports and procedures for the billing area, as well as systems for coordinating the administrative and human resources management of the Billing functions. Develops and monitors processes for account management and customer service for all clients, including reports, complaints, etc.
Reduces accounts receivable and days outstanding, and develops and enhances the billing procedures
Coordinates completion of all departmental documents, maintains a log of staff’s vacation, floating holidays, and sick time.
Audits problem accounts. Meet periodically with clients on billing and collection matters. Resolve problems relating to patient financial services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to manage and coordinate the activities of other teams and ensures a high level of performance.
* Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD9 & CPT4 coding used for diagnoses and medical treatments.
* Computer skills that include MS office.
* Possess basic working knowledge of all modifiers, surgical modifiers, in particular, CPT and ICD-9 coding, and how these three items drive reimbursement.
* Knowledge of third party payers requirements, reimbursement rules, and laws and regulations that govern billing activities
Education Requirements (Essential Requirements):
Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements):
*Five (5) years of relevant management experience in medical billing is required*
If interested please send your cover letter and resume to HR@M-Scribe.com.