Every medical practice, no matter what the size, has staffing challenges and issues that it frequently grapples with, and which, if not addressed and solved, may present obstacles to operating profitably. According to a recent survey, the top five challenges of medical practice staff are as follows -
1. Adding or replacing providers and other staff members
2. Gap analysis in the daily work flow to provide best patient care
3. Keeping up with challenging healthcare environment
4. Up-to-date with skill set and healthcare technologies
5. Efficient Medical Billing Process
Many of these issues are inter-linked such as staffing issues, from support personnel handling the front desk and back office functions to managing medical billing process efficiently or maximizing reimbursement in timely manner.
Here are ways to manage each of these concerns.